Welcome to the your health section of our website.
As well as being committed to helping you access the right services when you need them, we also want to help you take greater care of your own health too so that you, your family and your local community can live longer, healthier lives.
You can use this section of the site to get advice and support on a range of medical conditions and to access a range of interactive health tools. (Please note, these tools will not work if you are viewing this site from a tablet or smart phone.)
- BMI calculator and tracker iPhone app
- Couch to 5K running podcasts
- Strength and flexibility podcasts
- Downloadable fitness widget
- Drinks tracker for iPhone
- Downloadable alcohol tracker
- Quit smoking iPhone app
- Downloadable quit smoking widget
We will also use this section to help raise awareness to various health campaigns.
Did you know?
Did you know that the NHS has a dedicated Youtube account which includes a playlist of self-care videos including advice on how to treat a range of common minor illness including earache, nosebleeds, dehydration, sprains and strains, period pain, tonsillitis and insect bites to help you manage your own health.
Access them here.
Staying well and living longer
The NHS Choices website can help put you in charge of your own health and wellbeing, as it is packed with lots of information, tips, tools and advice to help you stay well and live longer.
There you will be able to find:
- An A-Z of treatments and conditions providing explanations on a whole host of illnesses and ailments
- Information, tips and tools to help you stay healthy and live well
- All the latest health and wellbeing news and research
You can also find out more about how you and your family can eat well, move more and live longer using the advice, tips and support on the Change 4 Life website.