Making an emergency care plan during the Coronavirus pandemic
We advise all carers to create an emergency plan with the person they care for, to use in circumstances where help from other people to deliver care may be needed.
Depending on the circumstances, this could be help from family or friends, or a care provider. In order to create an emergency plan that fits the needs of the person you care for, you will need to set out:
- The name and address and any other contact details of the person you look after
- Who you and the person you look after would like to be contacted in an emergency
- Details of any medication the person you look after is taking
- Details of any ongoing treatment they need
- Details of any medical appointments they need to keep
You should also ensure that it is in a format that can readily be shared with other people who will need to discuss the plan with the person you care for.
Further information can be found at Carers UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-providing-unpaid-care/guidance-for-those-who-provide-unpaid-care-to-friends-or-family