Primary Care Commissioning Committee
As of April 2015, the CCGs assumed ‘delegated responsibility’ from NHS England for commissioning GP primary care services. This will help the CCG give patients, communities and clinicians more scope in deciding how local services are developed.
Specifically, the CCGs will carry out the following activities:
- Planning, including needs assessment, of primary (medical) care services in NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG and NHS Greater Preston CCG
- Undertaking reviews of primary (medical) care services in NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG and NHS Greater Preston CCG
- Co-ordinating a common approach to the commissioning of primary care services generally
- Managing the budget for commissioning of primary (medical) care services in NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG and NHS Greater Preston CCG
NHS England will still carry out functions relating to individual GP performance management (medical performers’ list for GPs, appraisal and revalidation). It will also be responsible for the administration of payments and list management.
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee, formerly known as the Delegated Commissioning Committee, is a formal group that meets in public to "discharge the duties delegated from NHS England in respect of the commissioning of primary [medical] care services".
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee includes the following members from our Governing Body:
- CCG Chair *
- GP Director for Primary Care*
- Governing Body Nurse
- Secondary Care Doctor
- Vice Chair and Lay Member for Governance
- Lay Member for Audit, Finance and Conflicts of Interest
- Director of Quality and Performance
- Chief Officer
- Chief Finance and Contracting Officer
*non- voting, following an amendment to the terms of reference in December 2018 to remove them as voting members.
PLEASE NOTE: In line with official guidance following the recent coronavirus outbreak and increased pressure on NHS staff and services, Primary Care Commissioning Committee meetings will not be taking place in the usual face-to-face, public format.
Whilst under normal circumstances the public are able to attend our Part 1 PCCC meeting which is held in public, Government social distancing requirements constitute ‘special reasons’ to avoid face-to-face gatherings as permitted by legislation, therefore until further notice all PCCC meetings will be held virtually by default.
The committee meets regularly in public. Members of the public are welcome to attend the committee meetings to observe.
Upcoming dates and venues (where confirmed) of the committee's public meetings are detailed below.
- 3 June 2021
All of the meetings will commence at 3:00pm unless otherwise stated and are scheduled to be held in Boardroom 1, Chorley House, Lancashire Business Park, Centurion Way, Leyland, Lancashire, PR26 6TT.
The papers for the next Primary Care Commissioning Committee meeting, once available, will be published here:
To view the papers from previous meetings, please see below or alternatively, you can visit our Document Store*.
*Please note, we hold previous meeting papers from the last twelve months in our document store.